VISITANTES

24.11.14

BILL HELTEMES - PEZ COLLECTORS


É com orgulho que PEZILLA coloca aqui algumas respostas, de um pequeno inquérito a um dos grandes coleccionadores PEZ americano - Bill Heltemes

It is with pride that the PEZILLA put some answers here, from a small inquiry of one of the greatest american PEZ collectors - Bill Heltemes


What's your name, where are you from?
My name is Bill Heltemes and I live in Burlington, KY, USA.

How it was born this passion? When and why did you start collecting? You remember your first PEZ dispenser?
I started collecting PEZ about 18 years ago. It is due to my wife's former boss who had a small collection at the time. My wife thought they were cute and we started collecting. She lost interest many years ago. I'm out here all alone!

How many PEZ dispensers you have?
I quit counting years ago at 1,000. Guessing I have about 2,000 now. 99.5% are all loose!

Which is your favorite PEZ dispenser?
My favorites are #1 Trucks, #2 PEZ Pals, #3 Euro only releases.

How did your family and friends react to your hobby and your collection?
My family & friends are mildly interested. Sometimes they ask if I have this or that after seeing something in a store, antique setting, etc.

Do you have some rules for collecting? You collects only PEZ dispensers or any PEZ products?
I don't really have any rules to collecting, except that I only collect dispsensers (I don't collect the mini ones out years ago). I used to be a "complete-ist" with currents, but not anymore. I'm not interested in Star Wars, Star Trek, Hobbit, sports releases, etc.

Where do you buy them? You sell too?
I buy PEZ on eBay, the currents at retail outlets and vintage at PEZ conventions. Yes i do sell PEZ on Facebook’s PEZ for sale page and on eBay (seller id: kentuckypez).

Generally, you have a maximum value of money to give for a PEZ dispenser? (optional)
I really don't have a max. I've paid dearly for a few PEZ that I really wanted. But those must be a "really wanted" item. It's all relative really when I comes to the amount I'll spend. Example: I'd spend for any of the SPG Gathering Trucks!

What is the maximum amount you offered for a PEZ object? (optional)
I bought someone's collection for $650.00 to resell. I ended up making money on it after I sold everything.

How can you manage the various dispensers that come out only in some countries?
Thankfully, I have a pretty good network of PEZ friends in Europe that can usually help me out with the Euro releases. Sometimes it takes awhile (but I'm in no hurry). In turn, I help them out with things released in the USA that they are interested in having.

Click to enlarge

Of the PEZ dispensers that already exist and you do not have, which would you like to have?
My most wanted PEZ are (in no order): Ringmaster, Trucks series "A" and "B" and all 3 Knights. Everything else falls behind the previously mentioned.

Which characters would you like to be made as a PEZ dispenser?
I really don't have any PEZ that I really would like PEZ to make. It seems to me though that the real life dispensers (Orange County Choppers, KISS, etc) in the long run don't sell that well. I'd be happy with PEZ sticking to the cartoon, movie whimsical releases.

Do you think PEZ factory could be more innovative in some dispensers? Why?
I don't see how they could make dispensers better. It's a pretty simple thing. I'm not a fan of the little mini figures on top of stems. That was innovative a few years ago.

How do you store them? The dust, is a problem to you?
Dust can be a problem for me. As 99.5% of my PEZ are loose. Sometimes I have to dust them, which is a big job, But I like to be able to touch, hold, look at them quickly.

Do you have any project related to the hobbie?
No I sure don't. I just collect the PEZ dispensers.

There is currently a lot of desire in social networks, that PEZ Candy in the USA, could be more participatory in the Conventions/Gatherings, as happens in Europe, Middle East or now in Asia. How do you see this situation?
It would be great if PEZ USA would help out the USA Conventions by making exclusive dispensers for the Conventions. If PEZ Euro can support their Conventions, sometimes making less than 100 dispensers, I would think that PEZ USA would be able to financially make something unique for the USA Conventions.

What advice would give to a new PEZ collector?
My advice to a new collector is to definitely attend a full blown PEZ Convention or at the very least, attend a regional PEZ Gathering. There are sooooo many PEZ at these events and the face to face friendships will last a lifetime (which in my opinion is more important than the PEZ themselves).

Click to enlarge

In addition to PEZ, collect anything else? What?
I don't really collect anything else. If I did, it would take money away from my PEZ habit… mean hobby!

Can you spend a day without thinking in PEZ?
It's doubtful I can go a day without PEZ, as I check eBay for PEZ everyday. So right there, I'm doing something PEZ every single day. If anyone wants to contact me concerning this bio or about PEZ in general, I can be reached at: mrnkypezhed@fuse.net

Thanks Bill! :-)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário